The thyroid gland is the biggest gland of our neck, and it’s located beneath the skin and muscle layers. The butterfly shape and the two wings represents the left and right thyroid lobes surrounding the trachea.
The thyroid gland produces hormones that regulate the metabolic rate of the body, our digestive and cardiac function. It also has an important influence on muscle control, brain development and maintenance of bone integrity. Proper functioning of the thyroid gland depends on a proper iodine supply in our daily diet.
Hypothyroidism – Symptoms and Risks
Hypothyroidism means a small thyroid hormone secretion, compared to the needed amount of hormones. This endocrine disorder is often present in the body for many years before being properly diagnosed and treated.
Symptoms of underactive thyroid gland include:
- Chronic fatigue, loss of appetite, intolerance to cold season temperatures, increased heart rate, menstrual disorders, heavy legs, muscle weakness and cramps, dry and flaky skin, hair loss, decreased immunity, headaches, constipation, poor memory and concentration.
Left untreated, these symptoms will progress and lead to complications such as depression, heart failure or even coma.
Hypothyroidism natural cure
• a handful of sorrel stems and leaves
• 2 green or red apples
• the juice of a lemon
Place the ingredients in a blender or robot, mix and drink the juice several times per week. Sorrel is rich in iodine, which helps the secretion of thyroid hormones.
Because of its bitter, pungent taste, sorrel is usually added as an aromatic ingredient to juices, salads and other dishes. It is a strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic natural agent for many other diseases. Sorrel also helps to control blood sugar in diabetics and maintain bone health. It is also reccomended in treating skin conditions: acne, rashes or eczema. People with hyperthyroidism should avoid sorrel produts.
Recommended foods for hypothyroidism:
- Sorrel and carrot juice
- Apricots , avocados, figs, prunes
- Carrots, potatoes, parsley
- Nuts, seeds
- Corn, seaweed
- Eggs, quinoa, meat
People affected by hypothyroidism can also take dietary supplements, such as: B vitamins, Omega -3, selenium, zinc, copper or L- tyrosine.
- french sorrel hypothyroidism (3)|butterfly shaped endocrine gland (1)|french sorrel hypothyroid (1)|is it ok to have juice plus with an underactive thyroid (1)|juice plus isit ok with under active thyroid (1)|